Seven Hospitalized From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning at Club

On May 20, the District of Columbia Fire Department reported that nine people were sickened by carbon monoxide at the National Press Building and sent to area hospitals.

According to officials, 27 people were evaluated after being exposed to carbon monoxide fumes. Lon Walls, a fire department spokesperson, reported that 10 construction workers were harmed while removing asbestos from the building. The carbon monoxide apparently built up from the power tools being used to remove the toxic chemical.

The Associated Press reported seven of the workers were taken to the hospital. Walls stated that the workers taken to hospitals appeared to be in stable condition. One construction worker was seriously affected but is expected to survive.

What to do if You Have Been Injured on the Job

Construction workers face one of the most dangerous working environments. Between using dangerous commercial equipment and the potential hazard of being exposed to asbestos, construction workers must be safe at all times.

If you have been in a construction accident, contact our firm today at (202) 659-5500 for a free consultation, or visit our website to fill out our online form. Our Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia attorneys have the experience and the knowledge to assess your case and help you obtain your maximum recovery under the law.

Koonz, McKenney, Johnson & DePaolis L.L.P.

Maryland, Washington, D.C. and Virginia Injury Attorneys