Koonz, McKenney, Johnson & DePaolis LLP
District of Columbia D.C. (202) 796-3291
Virginia VA (703) 498-2928
Maryland MD (301) 637-4614
se habla español
Call today for your free consultation
ES
se habla español
Back
Experienced at winning cases for people who need justice
Washington DC Personal injury law firm

Faulty Furnace Suspected Theory in Residential Gas Leak

Posted on January 28, 2010 to

If you would like more information about fires, please contact Washington, D.C. personal injury attorney Paulette Chapman of Koonz, McKenney, Johnson, DePaolis, and Lightfoot L.L.P.

When carbon monoxide is been inhaled, serious conditions can cause victims to experience weakened senses. Many victims suffer death as a result of inhaling the gas. Some of the symptoms can include slurred speech and nausea.

Three people were hospitalized after firefighters rescued them from inhalation of carbon monoxide gas at their home. The 49-year-old father and his two 15-year-old sons were found unconscious from the gas, which reported levels of 1,000 parts per million in readings. The Northwest Washington incident occurred around 12:30 P.M. Firefighters believe they reached the victims with little time to spare and found elevated carbon monoxide readings in the homes located next door. 

Although this accident happened at a residential location, appliances should operate within the manufacturer’s suggestions. A faulty furnace can be the result of a recent sale, poor maintenance or inspection neglect. If it is a new furnace, it could also be a product liability. Make sure your furnace is properly inspected. 

If you or a loved suffers severe injuries or death stemming from a faulty product, please contact a Washington, D.C. personal injury lawyer at Koonz, McKenney, Johnson, DePaolis, and Lightfoot L.L.P.