Some people might tell you that you do not need a personal injury attorney if you suffer injuries because of another person’s negligence. However, whether you have been in a car crash or other type of accident, an injury attorney has the skill and experience to do things that you probably cannot do on your own.
An effective personal injury attorney will be a tremendous benefit to you if you’ve been hurt. Some of the things he or she can do include the following:
- An attorney will do the legwork and investigation for you while you focus on your recovery and well-being
- An attorney knows how to value your injuries and damages
- An attorney will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to get you the best possible compensation package
- An attorney will know when a settlement offer is too low
- An attorney will be able to present the evidence and arguments at trial in the most effective manner
Most personal injury attorneys will not receive payment unless they recover money for you, so talking to an attorney and hiring an attorney costs nothing upfront – essentially, you have nothing to lose by seeking legal help. People who choose to handle personal injury claims without an attorney quickly find themselves mired in medical bills, doctor’s narratives, and uncompromising insurance companies. Having skilled representation on your side will increase your chance at a fair recovery and give you peace of mind.
Do you need to hire a personal injury lawyer? Contact our office today for a free consultation.
Koonz McKenney Johnson & DePaolis LLP
Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Virginia Injury Attorneys
Approved by attorney Paulette Chapman