Washington, D.C. injury lawyer Colby M. Kus is an Associate Attorney at the firm.
Colby M. Kus is a personal injury attorney in our District of Columbia office. He represents victims of automobile accidents, premises liability, medical malpractice, and nursing home negligence matters. In addition, Colby represents injured employees in claims for workers’ compensation.
Prior to joining Koonz McKenney Johnson & DePaolis, Colby was a deputy attorney general at the Office of the Indiana Attorney General in Indianapolis, Indiana where he was a member of the Civil Litigation Department and Home Owner Protection Unit. Colby represented the citizens of the State of Indiana against unfair business practices and homeowner fraud in both civil and administrative court.
Colby graduated from Indiana University Maurer School of Law, receiving his Juris Doctor degree in 2015. His primary focus was trial advocacy and advanced trial practice. Colby is a member of the D.C. Bar Association and the Trial Lawyers Association of the District of Columbia.
- J.D., Indiana University Maurer School of Law- 2015.
- B.A., Indiana University- History – 2011.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- The District of Columbia
- The United States District Court of the District of Columbia
- Indiana (inactive status)
- The United States District Court of the Northern District of Indiana
- The United States District Court of the Southern District of Indiana
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The District of Columbia Bar Association
- The Trial Lawyers Association of District of Columbia