A pedestrian is killed by a motor vehicle every one and a half hours, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Collisions between pedestrians and motor vehicles tend to be detrimental for the pedestrian, as they are vulnerable by having zero protection. If a pedestrian survives an accident, it is probable that they will suffer from serious injuries that can cause an unexpected financial burden. If you are loved and has been a victim of a pedestrian accident, our team of highly experienced Fairfax personal injury lawyers at Koonz McKenney Johnson & DePaolis LLP can help you obtain the compensation you deserve. We offer free consultations, call today to schedule one.
Why Choose Our Firm For Fairfax Pedestrian Accident Injuries
- We won’t charge you a fee unless we win your case.
- We have won over $1 billion in settlements and jury verdicts.
- Our firm understands the help you need at this difficult time, we will give you trusted legal advice and some peace of mind while helping you achieve your goals.
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Bone fractures: Broken bones are common in pedestrian accidents due to the extreme external force.
Spinal cord injuries (SCIs): A blow to the spine can have lifelong consequences – even minor damage can be devastating. Possible types of SCIs include herniated discs, fractures, and paralysis.
Internal injuries: Internal bleeding and organ damage are potentially serious injuries and require immediate medical attention.
Head trauma: Traumatic brain injuries vary in severity, ranging from minor concussions to comas or even death.
Lacerations: Although most lacerations are minor and heal with little medical intervention, serious lacerations can result in scarring or even nerve damage, significantly decreasing a victim’s quality of life.
Death: In the most severe cases, pedestrian accidents may be fatal.
Virginia Pedestrian Accident Statistics
- There were 1,608 pedestrian accidents in 2017.
- 1,571 pedestrians suffered injuries in accidents with motor vehicles.
- 114 pedestrians were killed in traffic accidents.
- 78 pedestrian fatalities happened on urban roadways and 36 on rural roadways.
- There were 52 drinking pedestrian fatalities and of those, the most affected age group was 51-55.
- The most fatalities occurred at night on unlit roads.
- The most pedestrian injuries occurred during daylight hours.
- The age group most affected by pedestrian injuries was 21-25.
- Most fatalities occurred when pedestrians crossed a street without using an intersection.
- Most injuries took place when pedestrians were crossing at an intersection with a signal.
These pedestrian accident statistics are courtesy of the Virginia DMV’s 2017 Virginia Traffic Crash Facts.
Why You Need a Fairfax Pedestrian Accident Lawyer?
By hiring a Virginia pedestrian accident lawyer to advocate for you, the odds of receiving a financial recovery are maximized. Severe injuries caused by the negligence of a driver deserve full and fair compensation. Your attorney will handle all conversations and negotiations with the insurance company, as well as represent you in court if necessary. Ultimately, we aim to give you peace of mind as we take care of all legal proceedings while you can focus your energy on healing and recovery.
Koonz McKenney Johnson & DePaolis LLP Can Help
If you’ve been injured or if you’ve lost a loved one as a result of a pedestrian accident, our qualified team of pedestrian accident lawyers can help you obtain the compensation you are owed. Contact us today and receive a free case evaluation.