Suffering a bone fracture can make a significant impact on your life. Physically, you may be experiencing pain, swelling, suffering from a loss of mobility and are left possibly requiring surgery. Financially, you may be stressed due to unanticipated medical bills and time off work. Whether your injury occurred in a car accident, at work, from a slip and fall or any other incident, if it was caused by another person’s negligence then you may be entitled to obtain compensation.
Discuss your case with a knowledgeable Fairfax bone fracture lawyer at Koonz McKenney Johnson & DePaolis LLP today. Call (703) 218-4410 or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free consultation.
Why Choose Koonz McKenney Johnson & DePaolis LLP
- Over 38 years of legal experience – Our lawyers know what it takes to craft a strong bone fracture case.
- Dedication to our injured clients –We provide the personalized attention and compassion that your case is warranted.
- You only pay if we win – We will not charge a single legal fee if we cannot recover compensation for you.
Common Causes of Bone Fractures in Fairfax, VA
Fractures commonly happen due to:
Workplace accidents – For example, construction industry employees are at especially high risk of fractures since they often work from high heights such as roofs, ladders, and scaffolding. Also, workers in any industry could suffer stress fractures when having to engage in repetitive motions.
Auto Accidents – Accidents involving cars, motorcycles or trucks are a leading cause of fractures. The severity of the impact can put nearly every bone at risk, particularly for victims of bicycle or pedestrian accidents.
Falls – Slip and fall accidents due to dangerous property conditions can cause serious fractures for people of any age, but especially the elderly.
Types of Bone Fracture Injuries in Fairfax
Bone fractures range in severity, from simple to compound. The following types of fractures are common:
- Stable fracture – The ends of the broken bone are only slightly out of place and still line up.
- Compound fracture – A piece of the broken bone protrudes from the skin and chances of infection increase.
- Comminuted fracture – The bone breaks in more than one place.
- Greenstick or hairline fracture – A bone is bent and cracked, but not broken. Commonly seen in children due to their bones being more flexible.
- Avulsion fracture – A piece of the bone breaks off and remains inside the body.
The severity of a fracture will dictate treatment as well as the length of time it will take to heal. Simple fractures often only need a cast or splint and younger victims usually heal in six to eight weeks. Whereas, older adults do not heal as quickly or as completely.
Serious fractures may require surgery, which can include the insertion of pins, screws, and/or rods to set the broken bone(s). If multiple bones have been broken or a large bone is severely fractured, traction may be needed to slowly realign the bones. This process can leave a victim bedridden for several weeks.
Why You Need a Fairfax Bone Fracture Lawyer
Unless you have a personal injury lawyer advocating for you, the insurance company representing the negligent party who caused your fracture will not give your claim the full consideration it deserves. An experienced bone fracture lawyer can provide an informed perspective about the value of your claim from having negotiated numerous settlements. This will protect you from accepting an unreasonably low settlement offer for the injury you sustained. Many personal injury attorneys will work for you on a contingency fee basis, meaning there are no legal fees unless you win, therefore there is no risk to you. We are the best when it comes to all Fairfax personal injury claims.
Contact the law firm of Koonz McKenney Johnson & DePaolis LLP
We can help you take legal action and pursue damages for your losses such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contact us to speak to a high qualified bone fracture lawyer in Fairfax today, we offer free consultations.