Aviation accidents are often catastrophic. They are also typically preventable. At Koonz McKenney Johnson & DePaolis LLP, our aviation accident lawyers are committed to understanding why plane crashes and other aviation accidents happen. We investigate accidents for clients, identify crash causes and help victims seek fair compensation for their damages. If you or someone close to you was recently injured in an aviation accident, contact our Northern Virginia personal injury lawyers for a free legal consultation.
Why Choose Us for Legal Representation
- We have represented clients during aviation accidents for more than 40 years.
- We have five lawyers who have won the award of Best Lawyers in America©.
- We collect top results for clients through hard work and aggressive legal tactics.
- We are leaders in our field, offering high-quality legal representation that works.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning no fees unless we win your case.
Why You Need an Aviation Accident Lawyer in Northern Virginia
Aviation accidents are complex. They often involve federal and state aviation laws and crash causes that are difficult to identify. Hiring an aviation accident lawyer can make it easier to deal with the National Transportation Safety Board, Federal Aviation Administration and other organizations your case might involve. Your lawyer can also ensure you do not accept a lowball settlement offer for your serious injuries or the death of a loved one. An attorney can take over negotiations with the defendant’s insurance company for you while you concentrate on healing from your injuries.
What Causes Most Northern Virginia Aviation Accidents?
Aviation accidents are relatively uncommon. However, hundreds of these crashes still occur around the US every year. Most accidents involve private, rather than commercial, aircraft and most trace back to negligence. A crewmember on the ground, part manufacturer or pilot could be responsible for an aviation accident. Identifying the cause of your accident is one of the first steps toward pursuing justice and compensation for your damages.
- Pilot error. Pilot error is the number one reason aircraft crash. Incompetent, untrained, inexperienced and inattentive pilots could crash aircraft during takeoff, in-flight or landing. An incorrect reaction to weather conditions, failure to act or failure to communicate could cause an accident.
- Unsafe aircraft. Some aviation accidents arise from dangerous or poorly maintained aircraft. It is the owner of the unit’s legal responsibility to ensure the safety of the aircraft through regular inspections and high-quality repairs. Failure to do so could lead to a vessel that is unfit for flying.
- Aircraft defects. Some mechanical failures stem from defects by the manufacturer or distributor of the aircraft. Software or system failures, for example, could point to the fault of the aircraft manufacturer. The manufacturer could be liable for damages in theses aviation accidents.
Other aviation accidents in Virginia stem from bad weather and acts of God. These might not be anyone’s fault unless your lawyer can prove another reasonably prudent pilot would have reacted to the weather differently and avoided the crash. A lawyer from Koonz McKenney Johnson & DePaolis LLP can analyze evidence such as the aircraft’s black box, pilot records, weather reports, eyewitness accounts and more to determine the cause of your aviation accident. Then, we can help you and your family go up against the appropriate party in pursuit of compensation.
Contact Our Northern Virginia Aviation Accident Lawyers Today
Bringing an aviation accident claim in Virginia could lead to compensation for your injuries and damages. One or more defendants may owe you compensation for losses such as medical bills, property damages, lost wages, and pain and suffering to make you whole. At Koonz McKenney Johnson & DePaolis LLP, we handle aviation accident claims involving private planes, commercial planes, jets, helicopters, fixed-wings, rotorcrafts and other types of aircraft. Our lawyers may be able to obtain a fair settlement or judgment award on your behalf. Learn more today. Request a free consultation online.